Saturday, July 7, 2007

Doing things that Lovers Do

PISMOCurrent mood: relaxedI could barely sleep. It's that feeling you get when your little and it's the night before you go on a big trip with your familiy. You're ultra super duper uber excited and you can't sleep, and you can't do anything but think of what to bring, what to wear, and what you're going to do. Ok. Maybe that's just me and I'm a lunatic, but I dunno. I think I finally slept at 2am? Then I woke up at 4am. I knew I couldn't squeeze anymore z's out. So I had breakfast. I never have breakfast. But I had it today because I couldn't think of anything else to do. Grilled cheese sandwich and chocolate milk...oh and a mango. Then I texted Raf to see if he wanted to leave early. lolHe came, we bid adieu to my parents, and left for day of unplanned bliss in Pismo Beach, CA. Stopped by my store to grab some drinks and snacks. Then it was off for a couple hundred miles of freeway nirvana. 2.5 hrs to be exact. The weather became cooler as we drove closer and closer to coastal relief. Away from the dreaded 110 brain boiling fresno ferver. I was able to fall asleep for an hour on the way. Something about him. I was comfortable; at ease. The open road, miles of freeway, and my babe driving next to me- I was calm. I woke up somewhere before San Luis Obispo. We stopped at a gas station. I went to the restroom. This lady and her son came in right after I had. I had proceeded to wash my hands as all right minded healthy respectable individuals would. WRONG. This lady and her son smushed their nasty germ infested, verminous phallanges all over the metal door of the restroom. I eyed the mother's reflection through the bathroom mirror in bewilderment as they so purposfully left without washing hands. I could see their hand prints. It was there. I could only look at it and cringe. What was I to do? I pushed the door open with my foot and left. As I walked out of the gas station. The mother and her son were parked next to us. Their shame radiated for she knew she had disgraced herself by not teaching her son the value of simple hygeine. Or so I thought. They drove off. The obsessive compulsive neurotic corner of my mind flashed the idea of writing down their lisenece plate number in the very plausible case that I had contracted some mallignant deadly virus, I could very well blame them and sue them to make them pay for my treatments. Ok, am I pushing it? lolMoving on.We arrived in pismo in cool 60 something weather. Head to grab some clam chowder at the famous Splash Cafe. Raf had turkey sandwich. I poked fun at him saying that we drove 200 miles for him to get a turkey sandwich. Afterwards we walked out on the peir and watched the surfers in the freezing waters and the little kids splashing around. There was a vendor out on the peir and Raf bought some souvineres and some beautiful sea glass earings that I saw. As we returned from the peir a dog whisperer was showing off his dog tricks with two puppies. It was cool. Walked around the town for a little, and did some chopping. I mean shopping. By that time the crowds of Euro toursits flooded in. We went into this store that sold chocolate covered scorpions and lollipop worms. ICK! We spent some time on the beach just lounging around and being goofballs. Raf was determined to get into the water no matter how cold it was. The little kids were in there shirtless and surfing and Rafael, this 6ft something college man could barely dip his feet in. lol. It was amusing. Not so much when he dove in the water and came back to hug me. lol.At night we at the Cracked Crab. It was soooooooooooooooooo GOOD! That was the first time Raf had ever tried seafood and he loved it! lol. We colored on the paper tablecloth before they served our food. We drew eachother without looking down. He drew me as this blob of hair, and I drew him with at least some distinguishable features. lol. Our waitress was nice, everyone there was nice. It's the kind of place you wish you worked at.After stuffing ourselves silly we drove home. Taking silly candid pictures of each other with only a few semi formal ones on the peir. I will surely post those as soon as we get them developed! The radio got nothing but static so we just talked. There's a lot you can learn when you have a 3 hr. conversation with someone.A wonderful trip.

No comments: