Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Henry Madden Library

I'm sitting in Starbucks in our library. Yes Fresno State's massive library has a Starbucks. So dumb. Convenient, annoying. Aesthetically, it's ugly. It creates even more disharmony on campus. For being architecturally based on the Native Basket Weavers, it sure looks like a whole lot of cement, superfluous glass and L.E.D walls. I mean really? Is that necessary? We waited 4 years for this? Not impressed. Unfortunately, us students are in dire need of a library so this is what we get.

oK SO, I've been trying to do anything to stay focused, well maybe not ANYTHING but some things to focus on my studies. But it's not helping. I keep thinking about climbing, and my comp this saturday, and Tony. I'm so worried about him. I fear he's the kinda of guy who doesn't know how to express himself when he's sad or hurting and that may be a problem when you have 2 uncles pass a way within a week of each other.

So, sitting here thinking about climbing, agonizing over my frustrations of recovering from my second sprained ankle, people watching, invading their privacy from the comfort of my bay windows in Starbucks, I saw a blind man. It got me thinking how useless I, myself would be if I didn't have my sight. I wouldn't be able to climb, to ride, to drive. I have so much respect for the blind, who live their lives fully, as if they had no disability. I feel like I should write more about this. What would I do If I couldn't climb? I'd be severely depressed.

No comments: