Monday, October 23, 2006

Infatuation Doesn't Do Passion Any Justice

These mindless ramblings need exposure so I can think about other things more important than these...I've been thinking about this as of late, the very reason some of us go day in, and day out just thinking about that person, or in some cases, persons whose lingering presence you refuse to refute from your mind. I'm not sure what this chapter in my life is calling for, whatever relationships it may or may not have in store, but one thing never fails to stand its ground as undeviating as ever, is that: infatuation doesn't do passion any justice.These two entities, Infatuation and Passion are infact intwind. For as much as I may want to believe in the inherent good of myself to see past the physical manifestation, I am unfortunately draw to that aspect of attraction primarily. However, as I've conteplated, I've realized that my affinity to any of the physically attractive is only penultimate to the intellectual. I am in a sense, trying to reason with the burden in my heart, and offer to you, that I am not as shallow as I may appear to be on the outside. This elitist mask is only a defense mechanism to indirectly repudiate those I have no interest in, and am to spineless to refute at face value.In contrast, I will lay the truth that I am a passionate person. In what I study; in my work ethic; in whom I befriend; in what I enjoy; and mainly in whom and what I love. In return I seek those who are as passionate about their lives as I. When I meet that someone, should I know indefinitely? Of course not. Life is centered around learning. I guess at the very core of all this nonsense is that I only wish that I knew who that person was. For it seems that this infatuation, is only the surface of something that could be something greater. But I feel as if the extent of that greatness is impossible to uncover because I don't know how to, and it depresses me like non other.