Thursday, January 19, 2006

Greetings & Salutations

Ahh...The start of a new year and new semester. So far it's been grand. Already have homework, and reading piled high as far as I can see. That should keep me busy. For as much time I spend in class each week I'd might as well live on campus. But, I guess that's just a bit of complaing from me as a result of my lack of incentive to get my lisence and thus failure to drive my own car to school. Shameful, believe me- I know. Despit the hectic schedule due to the overload of credits, I enjoy most of my classes. Partially because I fared well with my professors, who for the most part are legit, and simultaneously enjoyable. With the exception of my philosphy professor who unfortunately does not know the meaning of interesting or enthusiasm, or passion or any other word that would begin to describe a slight interest in the subject you teach. I had believed that my philosophy class would be the most favored but my hopes have turned out to be a dud, a period of boredom sleeping, and of course my professors mindless tangents. My political science teacher has probably the most "bad ass" (courtesy of Pablo Morales) accent I've ever heard. My chemistry lab teacher might as well be mute. A little mean? I know. But she can't speak very coherent english, it's not her fault but it's kind of necessary to teach. Taking Chem1A and BioSci1A is a bit daunting, but for most part I can handle BioSci. Chem on the other hand is kicking my ass. A part from the teachers the reason I'm so pleased with school is because many of my friends are in all of my classes. It makes the whole experience much easier, and little less intimidating. Maybe this is just me but having friends in the class, is like a catalyst for competition. Therefore, I work harder, get good grades..blah blah blah.. you get it the jist of it. I'm so excited for my fencing class. Next monday I will check out my mask, jacket, and foil. Very exciting. Well I guess I should return to reading. Lots and lots and lots....of reading. This weekend I will probably be living in the library because of my mother's spontaneous urge to throw a dreaded kareoke party with her coworkers at our house. So it will be impossible to get any studying done on Saturday. So call me this weekend if you're on campus or if I can crash at your casa. late.goals for this semester:1. Straight A's2. Fix my exercising habits (or lack thereof)3. Eat healthier since I won't have marching band to burn the cals.4. Spend less time on the internet.5. Join the salsa club6. Recruit at least one member for Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International. Any takers? Let me know.

No comments: