Sunday, January 8, 2006

May You Rest In Peace Danny

On the subject of drinking: if and when you do it please be safe. It's great if you don't but if you do please do not do it alone, and always have a designated driver. Have fun but please be SAFE! I can't even imagine drinking after all this.I hope we all learn to appreciate and live life like Danny did. Maybe not as rebellious or as dangerous, but certainly experience every precious moment like he did. Because in an instant everything you knew, everything you loved could be taken from you--and you'll never have a chance to do the things you wanted to do; or say the things you wanted to say to the people you loved. So lets all laugh more, and cry more, and for Danny's sake love more.Dear Danny,I'll never forgive myself for the way I left things between us. I can't believe you're really gone. I can't even leave you a comment because you deleted me from your friend's list after our whole spat. And you had all the reason to. I wish I could go back and do things over. I'm sorry for taking your friendshipt for granted. I'm sorry for blaming you when I should have blamed my own stupidity. I was not a good friend. Even though I told you I was still your friend I never acted like it. I pleaded with you to be safe when you drink. That's all I ask from you. But, I should have been there to make sure you were safe. I could have given you a place to go to instead of drinking. I feel absolutley terrible. Looking at your pictures, it's hard to believe you're gone. You're too young, you had your entire life to live. I can't understand why you had to go. You could have done so many great things. I'll always remember you Danny. Of the way you lived life. You took everyday and lived it as if it were your last. When you wanted to have fun, you partied. When you wanted something, you worked hard to get it.When you believed in something, nothing would stop you from believing in it no matter how rebellious it was. When you loved somebody you weren't afraid to show it. That is something I will always be envious of you. If I could go back I would tell you how much I really do care about you, and that you had made a difference in the way I live life. You showed me that even though I had responsibilities, it's ok to have a little fun. And it's important to really enjoy life, and appreciate every precious moment you have with the people around you. I know I had some way of showing that I was your friend, but just know that I did and always will cherish and love you as my friend. Thank you for blessing my life.Thank you for opening my eyes, my mind, and my heart Danny.I will miss you terribly, and remember you always.Love,Jenny

No comments: