Sunday, August 5, 2007

Because Jack Johnson couldn't have written a better song

mood: inspiredHe pretty much makes me believe in possibilities.It's been a long time since I can honestly, truly say this...but I am happy. I am happy with my life and all it's imperfections and little perfections. I look forward to this new direction in life, and for once I am optomistic and confident in the choices I am making.My parents and I have come to an understanding. We actually have converstations, and we treat each other with more respect. My brother and I have gotten closer, and he's also becomed very accustomed to my boyfriend. In fact I can honestly say that my brother actually likes him, and that is rare for him to like anyone in my life. He's very picky. And...I am pleased to know that maybe someday I will be an aunt. Much to my surprise I have found out that he does actually date. lol The friends that have stuck with me through thick and thin are still there. Amazing, beautiful- I am lucky.Lucky enough to realize who were never really my true friends. I am okay with that.Lucky enough to live for my future, and not for my past. Because sometimes you love, and then you loose, and then you learn. And that's okay.Lucky enough to learn to trust again; to let myself open up to someone new; to date; to be crazy; to get caught; get in trouble; to fight and learn to work through it and not sweep it under the rug; to feel a connection; to have self repect; to be respected; to want someone so bad it hurts to be apart from them; to feel wanted for once; to learn to be comfortable in my body; to fight for something good; to have a healthy, mature relationship; to still be silly; to have intellectual converstations; to have someone to travel with; someone to kiss me; someone to call at the end of the day; someone to care for; someone to lagh with, and be stupid, and have fun with.I'm very lucky to have met him.

No comments: